March 10, 2020

Migrate from hot to cold shower


Who loves to have a cold shower on a cold morning? Definitely not me. It is sharp, stingy and jolts the mind and body. The coldest shower I had was actually for 3 days in Mecca because I thought the tap was faulty only to find out later that I did not tilt it enough. Now that was icy cold as it was in December. However, after the bath, I  immediately began to sweat, yes, sweat profusely for a few minutes, thankfully in the comfort of the air-con room. I found out later that this is normal because cold water makes the blood move faster through the veins. Recently, I think over 3 months, my left shoulder and left neck gave me a bad sore. I believe it has been through an accumulation of bad sleeping posture. I massaged the sore for over a month but while it seems to be lessen at the core spot, it appears merely to have decentralized outwards. Then when I saw this a secret agent movie and how the hero was made to dip in icy cold water after being whacked around a couple of times in training bouts, I checked the internet and found that it is a proven scientific technique to sooth aches and sores. Thus, I decided to give it a try and knew it would not be as bad as my Mecca experience. Today, it has already been 3 mornings since I've switched over from hot to cold shower and I already feel the positive effects. But it is OK, I have already got used to it and for one, no matter how sleepy I woke up, it makes me start the day alert and fresh as the morning breeze. It looks like this is the way to go man as one grows older.

No comments:

Post a Comment