August 15, 2019

KIV Project 2 for bobber


I have set my heart on the second project for my bobber (The first being the custom airbrush job) However, as she comes into her 4th year, my bobber is due for some major maintenance work. This means Project 2 will be put on shelf, next to that, come late September, I will be having my hernia operation and doctor's order are clear "No riding for 6 months after the operation". It will also be more frustrating to have the bobber ship-shape and not be able to ride it. Some of the regular maintenance job include:
  1. Routine change of engine oil
  2. Service blocked carburetors
  3. Replace leaky coolant container
  4. Replace cracked brake fluid check reserve at handlebar
  5. Replace worn tyres
  6. Replace faulty side mirrors
  7. Replace internal aluminum throttle
  8. Replace cracked sidelight indicator
  9. Service air filter
  10. Replace badly rusted exhaust pipes
  11. Replace one broken footrest
  12. Replace fading headlight bulb.
  13. Replace all internal ball bearings
    (My friend showed photos of his bobber and said it is imperative to change these budget version which made a mess of his third gear)
  14. Complete rewiring job
  15. Change to 32T sprocket (smoother and more economical ride)
After all the above maintenance job, if all that goes well, I can begin to pursue Project 2 but what is "Project 2"?. For the time being, let's keep it a secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment