07/01/2017

Brother Printer Configuration for Ubuntu








During the early days, I could not afford a HP printer although I knew they had Ubuntu OS compatible drivers. I surfed and found out from their website that Brother actually had a strong Linux-Ubuntu base and eventually went on to buy a Brother mono laser printer. I still remember then when I called them up, the Malaysian Brother Support Centre knew nothing about Brother printer being compatible with Linux let alone Ubuntu ( I won't be surprised if they even know about that now). However, when I spoke to Brother Japan, they guided me over the phone for 4 days asking me to print out my printer configuration, email it to them and when I called them again, they taught me step-by-step to configure the printer until it worked. That, I take my hats off to them. Lately, Brother web site has beefed up their download files and things have been much easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment